Thursday, January 31, 2008

Top 10 Anticipated Movies of 2008

1. REVOLUTIONARY ROAD - This movie is my number 1 most anticpated movie of 2008 because of so many reasons: 1) Leonardo DiCaprio, my 2nd favorite actor is in it, 2) Leo and Kate Winslet are together again after the 11 year seperation since "Titanic" (1997), 3) Really talanted director Sam Mendes is doing the picture, and 4) everything about this movie screams OSCAR. Could this be my next years Best Picture? I'm so excited even for the trailer to come out! But as for now, I have to settle with this one and only steamy picture of the lead stars.

2. MAMMA MIA! - Probably the biggest reasons why I'm so excited for this is because I saw the stage version on Broadway last year. Though I really, really enjoyed the stage version (I had good seats too), I think the movie would be much, much better. Even the trailer says so. I think with the casting of Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried the movie might turn into this years less-glamorous "Hairspray". With 5 musicals released last year, ("Across the Universe", "Hairspray", "High School Musical 2", "Once", "Sweeney Todd") the addition of this and Zac Efron's "Footloose" is really exciting!

3. AUSTRALIA - Australian vesion of "Gone with the Wind" anyone? Haha. Well it has all the right ingredients to make an Oscar Epic. Nicole Kidman + Baz Luhrrmann = Payback Oscar for 2001. However, I feel like when I watch this, It'll istanstly be overshadowed by their "Moulin Rouge!" power-work. Whatever, it's great to have Baz back.

4. ASHECLIFFE -
No matter how wierd the title or cast or setting, just tell me its another Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio partnership, I'll storm the movie theaters the first day it's released. This two is my favorite team of the century. They can do new wrong.

5. THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON -
What an awesome cast. Just because Cate Blanchett, Brad Pitt and Tilda Swinton (all made Oscar nominated movies and two have Oscar nominated performances this year), this will definetely be under the Oscar radar. It's really cool to have another Oscary-fantasy-drama again.

6.UNTITTLED KURT COBAIN PROJECT -
Though I'm really dissapointed that Joe Anderson didn't get the part of the late rockstar, I guess I'm still pretty much excited to see a biopic of the Nirvana singer. Ryan Gosling will play Cobain (I'm positive he'll lip sinc, the only time he'll completely COMPLETELY win me over is if he sings himself) and its interesting to see Scarlet Johansson in the role of Courtney Love. This film will rock

7. THE YOUNG VICTORIA
- Ever since I gave Emily Blunt a nomination for her supporting work in "The Devil Wears Prada" (2006) , I've been so excited to see her as a lead star. Best Actress anyone? I have a feeling she can do it...The Academy has always loved Queens.

8. FOOTLOOSE: THE MUSICAL -
I really enjoyed Zac Efron in "Hairspray" (I don't wanna sound like I'm part of the fad, but he's annoying in "High School Musical 2") and I'm quite interested to see what he'll do the Kevin Bacon character in an all-round musical version. His song "Bet On It" from HSM2 was just a preview for this. I gotta admit, fine, he was good at that part.

9. THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS -
Ohhhh..not really my "type" of movie, but I'd really like to see what Heath Ledger left off. I also wanna see Johnny Depp filling in and how they actually do it.

10. DOUBT -
Amy Adams and Meryl Streep! WEEE HEEEE!

No comments: