Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Elvis!

WELL, its the King of Rock 'n' Rolls birthday today. I'm just here to pay a small tribute to him with these two very cool Elvis films I've seen:

Jailhouse Rock (1957) - Black and White glory, Elvis, good story, nice sound and emotion. One of Elvis' very few dramas, he really scores high here. I shan't forget his very memorable (and probably most iconic song to date) "Jailhouse Rock" which is performed here to greatly. The staging is wonderful.


Viva Las Vegas (1964) - Now this is really the one to watch out for. I think this is really his best, best work. Acting and vocal wise. And Ann-Margaret is also such a perfect leading lady for him. Their poolside duet "The Lady Loves Me" is the best in the movie. So bittersweet and the film is just really interesting, all together. The title tune shouldn't be forgotten too. THIS HAS ELVIS MARK....Worth a watch!

This tribute ain't much. But it's for the King. Just to say: "YES. WE STILL REMEMBER YOU."

2 comments:

Roan said...

I agree, Viva Las Vegas is my favorite Elvis movie and I've seen them all. Then there is the age old question of whether or not they were a couple...BJ

Chino said...

YeaH! LOL.

Anyways, did you like "The Lady Loves Me". I found that song really cute. haha