Tuesday, January 8, 2008

If you think about, Hairspray has quite a big chance.

Okay, part if this post is really wishful thinking. But if you think about it, "Hairspray" (that amazing movie musical that stunned everyone last summer) really has a big shot at being nominated for Best Picture. Let me tell you why I think so.

First of all, "Hairspray" is the most well received musical of the year. I won't even count "High School Musical 2"! I mean look, "Across the Universe" had mix reviews, "Enchanted" only is a Best Song and Best Actress contender and "Sweeney Todd" lacks a SAG nomination that it so desperately needed (it needs a DGA nod also).

Since "Hairspray" got a SAG nomination for Best Ensemble, we all know that the actors (who not only votes for SAGS but also for the Oscar) actually support the film. Since its winning SO many Ensemble Awards (just recently the Critics Choice Award), I think it will win the SAG. I really do. Okay, "No Country for Old Men" might disapoint, but I think it stands a great chance.

It got some Golden Globe nominations too. That doesn't hurt its chances at all. All we need to know that "Hairspray" will be nominated for Oscar's Best Picture is if gets nominated for the PGA awards. I think it's really, really close. With all the wonderful techs, producers will definitely not turn their backs on this project.

Yes, "Dreamgirls" got DGA, SAG, PGA nominations and a Golden Globe win for Best Picture, but sometimes we shouldn't compare really great films with overrated ones...

Well, if you don't believe me. A GUY CAN WISH RIGHT?

No comments: