Thursday, December 6, 2007

In My Opinion...My Top 10 Guilty Pleasures!!!

Quite an unusual list of movies that I actually either love or have a lot of fun watching, I’ll explain why, but these are some movies I can’t believe I actually have fun watching. These are MY guilty pleasures! Films I’ve seen numerous times that I always, always, always, always enjoy!




1. Titanic (1997)
- “Titanic” is everyone’s movie guilty pleasure. Yes, it was great and the storyline was very “soap-opera” but how can we help loving (and re-watching a thousand times) the story of the poor Jack and the uber-rich Rose? It’s too hard to resist!




2. Grease 2 (1982)
- This is a really, really terrible movie. What a bad B-movie start for Michelle Pfeiffer and Maxwell Caulfield, but my love for the first movie boosted my enthusiasm for this film. I was addicted to it for a year plus. I know this movie back to front! The songs and lines are sooooo corny that it’s difficult not to laugh at it. Hilarious!




3. High School Musical (2006)
- The new fad in “tweener” pop culture (fine, the culture of everyone!). C’mon, don’t tell me you don’t fully know at least ONE song. Haha…… “We’re all in this together, once we know who we are we’re all starts…I thought you were my fairytale….it’s hard to believe what I couldn’t see….soaring! There’s no a star in heaven that we can’t reach!”




4. To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar (1995)
- This is too hilarious to be true. How can you decline a drag-queen comedy with manly-mans Patrick Swayze, John Legozamo (Kudos! I’d give him an Oscar for this), and Wesley Snipes!




5. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
- This “rock” (corny music haha) musical about transvestites, virgins, buff people, aliens, Transylvanians, science, lips and violence is one thing a 1970s movie lover can’t live without. It’s so ridiculous and yet I’ve memorized most of the songs from viewing the DVD too many times…




6. Just Friends (2005)
- I think I’ve memorized almost all the jokes and songs and characters in this movie. It’s really fun and great and exciting to watch! Shame on those who didn’t watch this comedy! Shame on those who bash this film and call it corny!




7. The Parent Trap (1998)
- I really have fun watching Lindsay Lohan pre-drug abuse, slutty-ness and anorexia. She was adorable and this movie is one I can watch a lot of times (with my cousins of course).




8. My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997)
- Yes I know the songs, yes I love Julia Roberts. Who cares, right? A lot of people find this film too “sentimental” and too chick-flick. Whatever, I enjoy it!




9. Legally Blonde (2001)
- This movie is so girly, and-yet I watch it whenever I’m sick. It’s so fun and enjoyable and lightens me when I have the flue and I’m feeling like crap. Thanks, Reese and Harvard pals.




10. Enchanted (2007)
- “Enchanted” is not an awful movie at all, but for a GUY who watched it 3 times in a movie house…WOW! Can you believe I watched a Disney Princess musical 3 times in the movie house? Really, wow! I think the real guilty pleasure here is the storyline and the wonderful Amy Adams! I’m guilty of loving her…

No comments: