Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Just gotta talk about it....!

"I love you!"
THE PICTURE: Scarlet O'Hara (Vivien Liegh) expressing her love to the elegant Ashley Wilkes (Leslie Howard), who is now engaged to his cousing Melanie Hamilton (Olivia De Havilland).

Yeah, well it was Vivien Liegh's birthday around 2 days ago. After repetative viewings of the movie "Gone with the Wind", I just have to come here a talk about it (the first of the many times I will be).

Crap, this movie is just sooooooo fantastic. And Vivien Liegh is sheer perfection. I've completely fallen in love with her. I don't give a rats ass that she's mean in the movie. All her actions, her smile, her face, her hair, her words..uh....I'm falling! The sad thing is, she's dead...oh, well.

The thing is, I don't know if I can live without this movie. It's just so damn brilliant and I love it. Right now, I'm reading the book for the first time (but I've seen the movie probably about 100 times since the first time I saw it 3 years ago!). The whole cast is perfect and this is one film I can never, ever, ever get tired of.

No comments: