Thursday, February 28, 2008

80 Academy Academy Awards.

I know I'm late but how can you blame me? I was in Singapore.
Anyways, the Oscars showed and YES I watched it! It was joyful night, especially for brothers Joel and Ethan Coen who won 3 Oscar...EACH. However, its not a surprise at all. Though throughout the night, we had a few disappointments...Here is a little comparison and my comments about the winners and the show itself...

Best Picture
Winner:
"No Country for Old Men"
Prediction: "No Country for Old Men"

Best Director(s)
Winner:
JOEL AND ETHAN COEN - "No Country for Old Men"
Prediction: JOEL AND ETHAN COEN - "No Country for Old Men"

Best Adapted Screenplay
Winner:
JOEL AND ETHAN COEN - "No Country for Old Men"
Prediction: JOEL AND ETHAN COEN - "No Country for Old Men"

Though I have not seen "There Will Be Blood", with Daniel Day-Lewis' Golden Globe, SAG and numerous critics awards we all knew he would win. Wasn't it obvious. We all knew it making the catagory not as exciting...still I shant judge him for I haven't seen the movie.

Best Actor in a Leading Role
Winner:
DANIEL DAY-LEWIS for "There Will Be Blood"
Prediction: DANIEL DAY-LEWIS for "There Will Be Blood"

Right before the BAFTAS, I changed my prediction to Marion Cotillard from Julie Christie. I really knew she would win deep in my gut. When she did, I was more then glad. Cotillard's performance in "La Vie en Rose" is so outstanding, I can say she's one of the most deserving wins this century. And her speech! What an exceptance speech! Not only was she super, duper beautiful, but her speech was heartwarming.

Best Actress in a Leading Role
Winner
: MARION COTILLARD for "La Vie en Rose"
Prediction: MARION COTILLARD for "La Vie en Rose"

Too obvious to be true. I can't even say anymore...Everyone knew it so all the nominees were all cool and enjoyed the night...His Spanish speech to his mother was really sweet. (I Wish) I Wish I could do that some day...LOL.

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Winner:
JAVIER BARDEM - "No Country for Old Men"
Prediction: JAVIER BARDEM - "No Country for Old Men"

I got a little freaked out with her dress...and her win. I don't know. I haven't seen "Michael Clayton", but with all the feedback it's getting, I wonder why Tilda Swinton won. This ruins my streak of good predictions...her speech was dull and it seemed like people weren't listening to her...awww Cate lost in both categories...

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Winner:
TILDA SWINTON - "Michael Clayton"
Prediction: CATE BLANCHETT - "I'm Not There"

*************************************

Best Original Screenplay - Predictable from the very start...
Winner: DIABLE CODY - "Juno"
Prediction: DIABLE CODY - "Juno"

Best Cinematography - Actually very, very difficult.
Winner: "There Will Be Blood"
Prediction: "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"

Best Film Editing - Annoying...
Winner: "The Bourne Ultimatum"
Prediction: "No Country for Old Men"

Best Art Direction-Set Decoration - Clear winner.
Winner: "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
Prediction: "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"

Best Costume Design - Gross win. The other 4 were better. MUCH MUCH.
Winner: "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"
Prediction: "Atonement"

Best Makeup - Makeup is tooo good to be true
Winner: "La Vie en Rose"
Prediction: "La Vie en Rose"

Best Original Score - The only memorable score and the best score. Great choice.
Winner: "Atonement"
Prediction: "Atonment"

Best Original Song - The only reason I got it wrong is cause I loved "Enchanted"...biasness.
Winner: "FALLING SLOWLY" - "Once"
Prediction: "THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW" - "Enchanted"

Best Sound Mixing - Disgusting...
Winner: "The Bourne Ultimatuim"
Predction: "Transformers"

Best Sound Editing - Also disgusting...
Winner: "The Bourne Ultimatuim"
Prediction: "No Country for Old Men"

Best Visual Effects - Crap was alive. I'm not at all happy with this...
Winner: "The Golden Compass"
Prediction: "Transformers"

Best Animated Feature - Yup...
Winner: "Ratatouille"
Prediction: "Rataouille"

No comments: